1. Hello Jason, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became country singer?
I was born in Texas, raised in North Carolina and lived in Louisiana before moving to Nashville. I was always in a band either playing keys or being the lead singer. I moved to Nashville wanting to play for artists, which I did, and I steeped out to go solo 2 years ago. I have always been a car guy and honestly thought that is what I would do for a living, flip classic cars. I still flip 3-4 per year for fun.
2. How did you get to country music and how did you know you wanted a career in it?
I got into country music when I moved to Nashville. I listened to it as a kid off and on but dove pretty heavy in to it when I hit my 20s. I knew I wanted a career in it after living in Nashville for 2 years.
3. Who are some of your musical icons?
Journey, Bryan Adams, Garth Brooks, Alabama, Ronnie Milsap, The Eagles, Stevie Wonder and so many more.
4. Can you give a little bit of a background behind your latest single which is coming out June 27th, 2017?
I took time to find a new sound for myself. Same voice, same lyrics with meaning but a different sound musically. I have went a little more pop-ish. It is called “My Song”. It is a song about music!! imagine that. It talks about what music makes you wanna do or what it can remind you of, what mood it can put you in etc. I’m excited for everyone to hear it.
5. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years with your music career?
In a perfect world I would have 3-4 albums under my belt, a few #1s and a few #1s as a writer for others as well.
6. If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why?
Well, Chris Cornell passed away recently but he was one of my Top 5. I would say Rob Thomas, Bryan Adams, Adele and maybe Dolly Parton would be a nice start!
7. Is there anything else coming up with your music for the rest of 2017?
I am playing at the Buckles and Boots festival in June over in Machester, U.K. I have a good following over there and I am honored to be a part of it.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
One of my producer friends in town always says, “It doesn’t get easy until it’s easy”.
So true when you are trying to make it in the music business.