- Blue Moon Boutique “Mission Statement”: A lifestyle and clothing boutique where you will find fun things for your closet and home; located in the heart of downtown Newnan, Georgia.
- Katherine Koran~ is a Southern Moon and Blue Moon Boutique Buyer, Blogger and Fashion Enthusiast.
- Hello can you give me a little bit of background about your clothing line?
- How did you decide on the name Blue Moon, was there any other names that you were thinking about?
- Where do you see Blue Moon in the next 5 10 years?
- What are a few accomplishments that you are most proud about so far for Blue Moon?
- Has any celebrities wore any of your items?
- What have been some of your best selling items?
- For 2017 is there anything new coming up for your company?
- What is the first item you ever created?
- What advice would you give to an up and coming clothing designer?
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
- I first opened my store after Sydney and I closed Southern Girl City Lights. I find my clothes from wholesalers at different Marts around the US. I primarily shop at Americas Mart in Atlanta, being that Atlanta is home. I also do some online shopping with some wholesale sites, such as Fashion Go.
- I am really into zodiacs and astronomy, which is how the name originated. I was born and raised in South Georgia and I come from a very tradition family and share many of their southern values, hence the name southern. I was also born in July, and I am a cancer, known as Moonchild, hence the name Moon. Southern Moon.
- My business is copyrighted as southern moons boutique but due to another company not liking the name being similar to theirs, we are doing business as Blue Moon Boutique, and my blog is Southern Moon. Right now, most of my sales are coming through my brick and mortar location( come see me in Newnan). The online portion of my store is slowly growing and I hope in ten years we will be doing all of our business via internet. Fingers crossed!!
- I took out a loan to start the store and the store has done so well I was able to pay my loan off in under a year. I’m really happy about that.
- Jessie James decker is a friend of mine and her sister Sydney is one of my closest friends. I send them my clothes all the time!
- I have found that true grit frosted tip pullover is our number one selling item. We cannot keep them in stock. Ever.
- I hope to expand my blog and have blogs posted on a more daily basis. Having a full time job makes it difficult to sit down and write at times, so I definitely hope to make more time for that. I would love to incorporate food with fashion. I love to cook and make the food look pretty. I style food just how I do clothes, lol. So much fun… so I would like to start sharing some of my recipes I’ve learned from my grandmother. Good southern cooking.
- I actually do not design the clothes, I buy from wholesale companies who work with the designer. That would be something I would love to do in the future though.
- I don’t know about a designer but I would tell an up and coming business owner to just never give up. It takes time and money and a lot of stress and tears but if you stay positive and just keep up the hard work it always pays off. You can’t fail. It’s not possible. You have to tell yourself that.
- “The past is a ghost, the future a dream. All we ever have is now.” -Buddha It’s so important to focus on the present.
Social Media Accounts:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bluemoon_newnan/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Moon-Boutique-259083974161272/
- Personal Website: http://www.bluemoonnewnan.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bmdboutique
- Southern Moon “Blog”: http://www.bluemoonnewnan.com/blog
- Katherine Koran: https://www.instagram.com/katkoran/?hl=en