- Angela Sue Cheslock’s:Puppy Chow
- Angela makes this yummy snack always with her mom and it sounds delicious to eat throughout the day!! Thanks for sharing!!!
- 9 cups Chex cereal, you can use any of the variety or combination of variety)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter (I use salted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1.Measure out 9 cups of cereal and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Stove Top Method: Place chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a small sauce pan. Cook on low until chocolate and butter melt. Mix well. Mixture should be smooth and chunk free. Add vanilla and mix again.
3.Microwave Method: Place chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Cook on high, uncovered for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir. Place back in microwave and cook for an additional 30 seconds, stir well. If mixture is not smooth and chunk free, cook for an additional 30 seconds.
4.Add vanilla and mix again.
5.Pour peanut butter mixture over dry Chex mix. Mix well, coating each piece.
6.Divide mixture and pour into 2 gallon sized ziploc bags.
7.Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar to each bag.
8.Seal bags and shake well.
9.Pour puppy chow onto a large rimmed cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Devour.If any left, store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.